NAACP SAYS: Gather safely during the holidays
The holiday season is upon us and that means many people will be traveling across the country to gather with friends, family, and loved ones.
Holiday traditions are a cornerstone of our community, but it’s important to safeguard ourselves and those around us as we continue to live through a global pandemic. Before you begin your celebrations, equip yourself with the resources you need to stay safe and healthy.
If you have not been vaccinated or received a booster shot, now is the best time to find your nearest testing site.
Remember these CDC guidelines:
- Wear well-fitting masks over your nose and mouth if you are in public indoor settings if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Even those who are fully vaccinated should wear a mask in public indoor settings in communities with substantial to high transmission.
- Outdoors are safer than indoors.
- Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated spaces.
- If you are sick or have symptoms, don’t host or attend a gathering.
- Get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have a close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
With expert-vetted research and facts, we can all make the best decisions for ourselves and our families. NAACP’s COVID Know More portal provides up-to-date research, resources, and stories to help ease the uncertainties and safeguard your community.